Hardware Replacement Service Level Agreement
Namhost guarantees that in the event of a dedicated server hardware failure, the faulty hardware will be replaced within 60 Minutes (1 hour) of identifying the problem. In the event that this guarantee is not met, Namhost will issue a credit for five times the actual amount of additional downtime recorded by service monitoring logs. The amount of compensation may not exceed the customer’s monthly recurring charge. This guarantee does not include the time it requires to perform additional software related maintenance, including rebuilding web accounts from backups, cloning hard drives, reloading the operating system, reloading and configuring applications, or rebuilding RAID arrays.
Network Uptime Service Level Agreement
Namhost guarantees network uptime to be 99%. This guarantee assures that all major routing devices within our network are reachable from the global internet 99% of the time.
Network SLA Exclusions
Many possible situations are completely beyond the control of Namhost, and therefore are not in the scope of this SLA. These situations include:
- Scheduled Network Maintenance - occasionally network maintenance will be required. Namhost will do everything possible to minimize and avoid downtime during this maintenance. You will receive prior notification of upcoming maintenance at the e-mail address we have on file. Scheduled maintenance periods are not eligible for SLA credits.
- Hardware Maintenance - on rare occasions, the hardware in your Dedicated Server may need maintenance or replacement. Namhost will do everything possible to minimize any downtime in these situations per our hardware replacement SLA. Any downtime incurred as a result of this maintenance will not be counted towards our network SLA.
- Software Maintenance - an important part of managing a Dedicated Server is keeping the software up to date. If you choose to have Namhost manage your server, occasional software updates will be required to address security or performance issues. Usually you will experience little or no downtime in these situations, but we cannot guarantee a specific amount of time in all situations.
- Malicious Attacks - if a third party not associated with Namhost initiates a "Denial of Service" or other form of disabling attack against your Dedicated Server or major portions of our network, Namhost will do everything in its power to stop the attack, but cannot guarantee a resolution time.
- Legal Actions - In the case that a legal action is taken against a customer of Namhost and Namhost is required to act in accordance with the order, Namhost shall not be responsible for any SLA damages.
- cPanel Issues - if you choose to run cPanel and Web Host Manager on your Dedicated Server, the default install will be configured for automatic updates of cPanel related software. On occasion, one of these automatic updates could adversely affect all or part of the cPanel related software on your server. Namhost will do whatever is necessary to fix any cPanel related problems, but cannot guarantee a resolution time.