You've received your "New Account Info" mail for your new reseller account, now what?
The first pricipal of WHM you need to understand is that the hosting accounts you create need to be assigned to packages. You cannot create hosting accounts without having packages. A package defines the quotas of the acccounts assigned to it. An example of Namhost's packages can be seen by clicking here.
Step 1 - Logging into your WHM:
- Go to http://www.yourdomain.com/whm - Please replace "yourdomain.com" with your actual domain name.
- Log in using the username and password provided to you in the "New Account Info" email.
*If your domain name has not propagated yet or it has not been transferred yet you can also use the "Temporary WHM URL" specified in the New Account Info email.
After login you will see the WHM dashboard. On your left you will find a search field with all your actions listed below it. When typing into the search field your actions will be filtered accordingly - This proves to be the fastest way of navigating your actions.
Step 2 - Creating a Package
After logging in you need to create at least one package to which you will assign accounts to.
- Search for "package" in the search field on the left of the screen. You will see all actions with the word "package" apear below the search field.
- Click on "Add a Package".
- Give your package a name. Example: "ACME Host Lite Package".
- Assign quotas to the package under the "Resources" heading.
- NB - Leave the rest as is!
- Click the "Add" button at the bottom of the page.
You've now created on package to which you can assign accounts to! You can create as many packages with different quotas as you like.
Step 3 - Creating a Hosting Account
After you've created at least one package you are ready to start creating hosting accounts!
- Find and click the "Create a New Account" action on the left menu.
- Under the "Domain Information" section fill in the domain name. The username will be generated automatically.
- Use the password generator to generate a stong password.
- Enter the email address of the client. Quota, warning and suspension mails will be sent to this address.
- Under the "Package" section select a package (created in Step 2).
- NB - Leave the rest as is!
- Scroll down and click the "Create" button.
After clicking "Create" you will be shown a summary of the account that has been created. This summary can be sent to your client so they can start managing their hosting account.
More Useful Information:
Reselller Disk Space Uage
Your overall reseller package disk space quota usage is not determined by the actual amount of data that exsist on the reseller account, but is rather determined by the quotas assigned to your hosting accounts. Example: If you have 5 x 5MB hosting accounts hosted on your reseller account and they are all set to have a disk space quota of 100MB your overall disk space usage for your reseller account will be 500MB (100MB x 5), not 25MB (5MB x 5).
cPanel Theme Change
If you change the "cPanel Theme" when creating or editing a package or account you could cause one or multiple accounts to stop working. Please leave the "cPanel Theme" option as the default "x3".
If you need any support regarding your reseller account please contact us and be sure to provide us with your WHM username and password when doing so.