TeamViewer is a software application used to connect to any computer around the world. Its many features include remote control, desktop sharing and file transfer between computers.
It is available for Windows, MAC and Linux operating systems.
To get Teamviewer please follow these steps:
- Go to Namhost Downloads
- Select your operating system. Once the download has completed proceed to install the application. Please make sure to select the “non-commercial” option when asked.
- When the installation completes, open the application it will look similar to the image below:
- Once you have the application open you can send the ID and password to the person you would like to give remote access to your PC. NB: Please make sure when you send the ID and password you are sending it to the correct person. Also please do not close the application when you have sent these details it will reset once you do and will render the sent details useless.
- In order to connect to someone else's PC, you will need their ID and password to have access.
1. You will enter their ID number in the “Partner ID” Box as shown in green above and click on “Connect to partner”.
2. Once the connection has been established you will be prompt to enter their password to continue.
Note: Namhost support stuff can unfortunately not connect to newer Teamviewer versions except for version 11 or older. Should you acquire assistance from our support members please make sure you have a copy of version 11 which you can get here. We offer Teamviewer support as a courtesy to our clients and it is used as a last resort should the client still experience any issues.