What Are Social Sharing Modules/Widgets?
These are modules/widgets that let visitors share your website’s content with their friends by means of email, Twitter, Facebook, Del.icio and much more. It’s a great way of tapping into the ever growing Social Media Network.
Why Make Use of Social Sharing Modules/Widgets?
- Increase traffic: When visitors share they make that link public and this drives more traffic to your site.
- Engage your audience: Social sharing gives visitors a great way to interact with your website as well as with each other.
- Promote your website’s content: sharing extends your content’s reach and exposes your content to new audiences, visitors and possible customers.
- Create backlinks: When your content is shares a link is created back to your website from where the content was shared. This is good for SEO.
- Keep visitors on your site: These modules alow visitors to share content without ever leaving your site.
3 Examples of Social Sharing Modules/Widgets:
About the author
The Top Ten websites as at 14 December 2011, according to SEOMoz, is as follows: