You are not a Web Designer if...
With this article I wish to simply educate the public on what it means to be a web designer. These are just my opinions, so please feel free to disagree and add more points in the comments section of this page.
You are not a web designer if...
- you don't know what GIF, PNG or JPEG is
- you don't know where to apply GIFs, PNGs or JPEGs
- you don't know the difference between HTML and XHTML
- you don't know what a pixel is
- you don't keep screen sizes in mind when designing
- you never code
- you use Dreamweaver for coding
- you don't know what a mockup is or wireframes are
- you only use Photoshop
- you know no alternative to Photoshop
- you don't know the difference between RGB and CMYK
- you don't know what DPI stands for
- you don't know the optimum DPI for web images
- you don’t know the difference between vector and raster
- you don’t know what image formats are
- you don't test your websites on at least Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari
- you don't know what SEO is
- you don't know what a CMS is
- you don't know what CSS is
- you only use inline CSS
- you don’t know anything about typography
- you don't know the difference between serif and sans-serif
- you don't know what web safe fonts are
- you don't know what web safe colors are
- you’ve never heard about W3C
- you don't know that website colors play a big role in conversion rates
- you don't use Google Analytics
We at Namhost make sure we have the skills and knowledge to create websites using the latest technology and techniques. This ensures that websites we create for clients are not only an asset instead of an expense, but also something they can be proud of! For more information on our web designing services, please visit www.webdesign.na.
Trackback URL for this post:
About the author
How can we help?
Need a quotation?
Need to register a domain name?
Need Linux web hosting?
Need a custom email address?
Need Windows web hosting?
Want to become a reseller?
Need a dedicated server?